What are the Parts of Medicare?
When you first sign up, you will hear the term "Original Medicare" which refers to Part A and Part B. Both parts are covered by the Federal Government.
- PART A Hospital Insurance - Part A covers hospital stays (but
not physician fees), a limited amount of hospital care in a skilled
nursing facility, hospice care and home health care. Part A is free
if you or your spouse has worked and paid taxes for at least 10
- Part B Medical Insurance - Part B covers physician services,
inpatient and outpatient medical services, outpatient hospital care
and diagnostic tests. Part B has a monthly premium which is deducted
from your Social Security check.
- Part C Medicare Advantage Plan - A
Medicare Advantage plan
combines Parts A and B into one policy. It also may offer additional
coverage such as vision, hearing, dental and wellness programs.
Prescription coverage (Part D) may also be included. This plan is
provided by a Medicare approved private insurance company.
- Part D Prescription Drug Coverage - Part D Plans help cover the cost of drugs. There are various plans available based on the type of medications you may be taking. Part D is provided by private insurance companies.
Experienced Senior Product Specialists in PA
Call the experienced Senior Product Specialists at Your Health Insurance Shop! We understand that Medicare can be confusing, so we ask the important questions and help you pick the right plan for your future.
In addition to supplemental insurance for seniors, we offer a variety of products of interest to older Pennsylvanians. These include:
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Final Expense Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
For more information on supplemental insurance for Medicare or on our specialized insurance products, call us today at 800-491-3642.